That we call ourselves ‘Barnfires’ comes as no surprise, because the split-level design of our guesthouse is is modeled in the style a Scandinavian barn house. We also have an indoor fireplace that will keep you toastie-warm in winter.
This is a self-catering house which can accommodate a maximum of 10 people in three bedrooms as well as in a four-bed loft area.
An open-plan, fully-fitted kitchen and separate scullery with a wood stove, gas stove, spacious fridge and freezer take care of all culinary requirements. In spite all of these, a large under-roof braai on the veranda is definitely the most popular cooking option for most guests. An enclosed boma for traditional South African evenings provides another braaiing option.
There are two bathrooms: one fitted with a giant bath and toilet, another with shower and a separate toilet. Outside on the stoep there is an additional shower and another separate toilet.
- Self-catering with fully-fitted kitchen with gas stove, oven, refrigerator and deep freeze
- Accommodates up to 10 people
- Three bedrooms (one with double bed) and a four-bed loft
- Two inside bathrooms: one with bath and toilet, one with shower and one toilet.
- Exterior toilet and shower on veranda
- Large wrap-around veranda with built-in braai and outside dinner table with six chairs.
- Enclosed boma
- One hundred metres from the river
- Spacious sitting and recreational room with a long table for more formal dining
- Free Wi-fi, Netflix and a large video monitor are available (but guests must supply their own laptops). Note: DSTV is NOT available
- Strictly no smoking in the house